Countdown

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Our Family

Our family began the day we were married June 21, 1997! Since then it has grown a little here, and a little there. We now have five beautiful children. Mason who is 11, Cassidy who is 8, Preston who is 6, Birtukan who is 6, and Tseganesh who is 3. Three of our children grew in my belly, and two grew many miles away in my heart. God chose for us two precious girls in Ethiopia, who were to be our children. They arrived in our family on the joyous day of Aug. 22, 2010. This blog will be a way for us to share our experiences as a new family of 7! I hope you enjoy reading it, as much as we are enjoying living it!

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

DTE!!!!!

SOOO I am really bad about this blog thing I decided. We received an official email last Friday that said our official DTE ( Dossier to Ethiopia date ) is 4/30/10! This means we are on the official waiting list for a referral! Our paperwork will not physically be flying to Ethiopia until this Friday, but they said our date is the 4/30/10 date. The other thing we found out is that on the unofficial list that one of the girls in our Yahoo group keeps track of we are #2 in line for a referral! Hopefully that means we will get our referral really quickly! We are just thrilled, and excited that it may move quickly for us. Now we are just concentrating on fundraising, which included a garage sale that raised $2000.00! We are also making some really cool t-shirts, and will have a website up soon that people can order from. When it is ready I will post the web address. A lot of really cool things happening right now! Cannot wait to see what the next thing will be :-)!

1 comment:

  1. WOOHOO! SO STOKED ABOUT YOUR BEING DTE!!!! ALSO that you are #2 on the list! That ROCKS big time! I am SO BUMMED! I had it in my head that your sale was THIS weekend! So sorry to have missed it! I was going to bring my friend Abby to it too! Darn it! Well, we will just have to try to arrange the BBQ, I guess! Congrats on such a successful sale! GREAT things happening! YAY!

    ReplyDelete