Countdown

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Our Family

Our family began the day we were married June 21, 1997! Since then it has grown a little here, and a little there. We now have five beautiful children. Mason who is 11, Cassidy who is 8, Preston who is 6, Birtukan who is 6, and Tseganesh who is 3. Three of our children grew in my belly, and two grew many miles away in my heart. God chose for us two precious girls in Ethiopia, who were to be our children. They arrived in our family on the joyous day of Aug. 22, 2010. This blog will be a way for us to share our experiences as a new family of 7! I hope you enjoy reading it, as much as we are enjoying living it!

Friday, January 15, 2010

God's sign..... ok another sign :)!

During this past week I was having troubles with what God's path was for us. After the tragedy in Haiti, every time I heard or saw something about it, I was overwhelmed with this feeling of are we supposed to help an orphan there? I spoke with my cousin today and told her how I felt I missed what God was trying to show me many times, because my eyes were not open to it. Laughing I said, he might need to make it a little more obvious :)! I needed to go shopping for my sister-in-law today for a birthday present. I headed into a Ross store that I never go into to find her a gift. Now, whenever I go to Ross I strictly look at clothes and shoes. As I was walking down one of the main aisles, I looked to my right and saw a cross with the word Believe. Jared had been wanting a cross to hang in our house so I ventured down to the back wall of the store. As soon as I got to the back I looked to my right and right beside the cross was a beautiful shadow box of an African women. I grabbed it an walked away. Going back up a different aisle, I happened to come across the books they sold there. Right in front was a hardback book. The title read Africana Woman Her story through time. It is a book about the history of African women! I grabbed it and went straight back to the crosses, and found a plaque with a cross that read Believe all things are possible if you believe.... Mark 9:23. I believe this was God's path to show me that YES, YES, YES are daughter is waiting for us, and YES she IS in Africa!!! I got back in my car and laughed out loud! OK God I finally see your path for us, thank you for making it obvious :)!

No comments:

Post a Comment